Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My wife and I want to adopt a child from her nephew in the

Customer Question

My wife and I want to adopt a child from her nephew in the Philippines. Her nephew is willing to give up all parental rights. We live in N. Las Vegas Nevada. The child is less than 16 years old. I am 68 years old and my wife is 65 years old. Is this possible and, if so, what is the process and timeline?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Luckily, as long as the parents go through the process of relinquishing the child, you should be able to adopt. If you permit me, I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I will post below the OFFICIAL link that will pretty much tell you everything that you need to know: http://travel.state.gov/content/adoptionsabroad/en/country-information/learn-about-a-country/philippines.html As to how long it can take, I cannot really say. The adoption process would probably take around 6 months to a year or so. Then the USCIS process would probably take another 6 months to a year or so. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for thelink. However, how can I get help to go through the whole process and an idea of the cost involved?
Well, what exactly would you like to know? I can only really tell you about the immigration costs, not the adoption costs because that often depends on local services that you may use (you have to show around), and I can tell you about the immigration timeline. Or are you looking for a referral to an attorney that can represent you through the process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking for a referral lawyer.
Well, you can look for one at http://www.ailalawyer.com. The best is to find an attorney that is experienced with immigration and adoption law. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put my name in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.