Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Everyone I applied in 11/2013 And I get

Customer Question

Hello everyone
I applied for asylum in 11/2013
And I get a letter to go to nearest office for fingerprint three weeks after I submit my application. From that day I don't get any thing from uscis except my work autarization. I don't have attorney I applied my self. What I can do it take so long and I don't hear from them for interview
Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What country are you from? Which city do you live in that the immigration court has your case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am from Libya and as I stated in my Q I live in Chicago, Illinois and I think the office they have my file chicago office. And if I put the A # ***** it show nothing and I called uscis they sayed for asylum you cannot follow your case online you have to go to the local office or submit writing letter asking for states of your application
Did you file the I-589 within the first year of entering the U.S.? Did you file first with USCIS and go before an immigration office or did they try to deport you first and you filed the I-589 with the court (called a defensive application)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filled the asylum form within 13 months of coming to USA I don't have any interview at immigration office I never had and deportation order I was legal on f1 visa student visa at the time I applied
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed asylum application to uscis then they transver application to Chicago immigration office then I got letter from them to go fingerprints and that is it
Sorry for the delay. I am the only expert online. Anyway, within 13 months is not within 12 months. So it was after the year that you filed for Asylum? And what prompted you to file for Asylum?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I file after one year but I have new changes that happen to my family. At the beginning I am thinking to go back but the situation getting wors I have the application and the support documents if you wanna me to send to you. But my Q WHY IT TAKE TO LONG AND IS THERE ANY THING I CAN DO BEACUSE I DONT HAVE ENOPH MONEY TO SPEND ON LAWYERS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How I can know status of my asylum case
I don't understand what the rush is. Is there some reason that you cannot be a little patient? I am also a little worried about being compensated by you. You have 4 posted questions and only one positive rating so for those other questions, those experts never got compensated and since none of us are getting a salary to be here, a positive rating from you is VERY important. No one likes to work for free. I hope you understand. I will help you, but I need for you to be patient. There are no other lawyers online at the moment and I am helping a few customers at the same time. Just please be patient. I have the highest customer service rating out of all the active experts on this website. So do not worry. I just need to know one other thing. What changed in your country in the 13th month that suddenly you were in more danger in the 13th month than you were in the 12 month?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not in rush take your time with other customer and in regard the rating other expert. I don't get the answer how you wanna me to rate them and I NEVET ASKED THIS Q BEFORE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't warry I get the answer I am going to give you five star rating
No problem. Just please be patient. I will not abandon you. But I can only work so fast. So what changed from the 12th month to the 13th month?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. The reason I ask about what changed with your situation from the 12th month to the 13th month is that you may not be eligible for Asylum and they will treat your case as Withholding of Removal which is harder to win and doesn't get you a green card even if you do win. But that's fine. I try to give more information than requested and anticipate issues. Anyway, as to what you can do about your case, here are some options: 1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-***-***-****. 2) Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the status. 3) If the case is very delayed, you may contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. 4) And finally, you could hire an attorney to find out the status and also push the case along. You can try to find one at http://www.ailalawyer.com/. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.