Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I currently am on a 5 year visa from uk to us. My business

Customer Question

I currently am on a 5 year visa from uk to us. My business partner and I owned 2 business (pool cleaning and vacation rental) We got into a fight and he stole trucks and computers from the business. I have hired an attorney and he wants to dissolve the business which I agreed to but found out that by doing so, I forfeit my visa. This would mean that as of Friday 7/12/15 when business is dissolved my family and I would need to leave the US. Do I have any other options or forms that I can complete to stay in the country for the remainder of my visa until I can restart the company in my name?
Thanks
Simon Collins
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What is the visa that you have? An E-2? How much money will you be able to invest in a new business?
What is the visa that you have? An E-2? How much money will you be able to invest in a new business?