Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Sir i have a question regarding rescheduling a green

Customer Question

Hello Sir i have a question regarding rescheduling a green card interview.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant. What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello i am married to my cuban wife she is a cu6. i came to usa on a f-1 student visa in 1989 but overstayed and was not able to attend school. i was recently married and applied for my work permit / traveld ocument and also green card. i did my biometrics, had a RFE which i submitted for my wife (her cuban birth certificate). After submitting the RFE i recieved my EAD/AP card by mail on 5/18/2015. So far after that I have not recieved my green card interview or any new updates on the USCIS website.I really have to travel on a emergency because my mother is really sick back home. She wants to see me. I bought my tickets yesterday and I will be leaving on August 1st 2015. She may have a surgery and seems like i will be there till end of october (for 90 days almost).My question is that what if my interview letter comes in when i am out in Pakistan (my country). How can i reschedule it. Is it even possible. My EAD/AP is valid till 5/16/2016. Will i have a hard time to come back in. If i reschedule my interview how long will it be before i get another interview.Thanks
Unfortunately, it is hard to say. Normally, an interview can be rescheduled for a week or a few weeks later. Because you have an emergency situation, you may be able to get it rescheduled for a few months later, but I cannot guarantee it. I also cannot tell you exactly when they will reschedule for. Better to try to ask for an expedited hearing. Have your spouse make an Infopass appointment and show the medical evidence of your mother's situation and ask that they expedite the interview. Here is a link: http://infopass.uscis.gov/ I am sorry about your mother. I hope she recovers quickly. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** hoping that i will get a little bit more detailed answer. But i do thank you for your prompt "short" answer.
Thank you for at least responding. There isn't much more to say. It isn't a complicated situation that requires a lengthy answer. Are you just unhappy that there isn't some form or some easy and quick way to rescheduled and know exactly when the rescheduling will happen? That's not my fault. Please be fair.
You and I have worked together before and you left me a positive rating and a bonus as well. I hope you trust that I know what I am doing. It is unfair for you to tell me that my answer was short just because it wasn't an answer that you liked. That is not my fault. Perhaps we should look at it from another angle. How about you tell me when you filed the I-485 and when you are planning to come back to the U.S. from your trip to Pakistan?
Oh well, I will try once more and hope I am not wasting my time. I do want to help, but you don't make it easy. I hope you leave a positive rating for me. About the only other thing you can do is ask the expedite the case. Here is a link: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria Hopefully they will give you an interview before August 1st so that you can at least get the green card stamp in your passport which would allow you to travel. I hope your mother recovers quickly. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!