Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I've been a legal resident since 1967 but never got

Customer Question

Hello, I've been a legal resident since 1967 but never got my Citizenship. I have the knowledge to pass the test Originally from England. Due to events in my life where I'm facing a divorce I feel I need to know how I can do this. L Gardner
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
tmeiHello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
Is there any particular reason that you have not taken the test before? Like perhaps do you have anything criminal in your background? Or too much time living outside of the U.S.? Or you owe child support or something like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I just never got around to it.. don't have so much as a parking ticket.

Ok. That's excellent so far. Have you taken any trips out of the U.S. in the last 5 years longer than 180 days? Or any multiple trips within any 12 month period that when you add them up they add up to more than 180 days?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Here is an official link on how to do the Naturalization process:

http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization

You just have to fill out the N-400, pay the $680 fee and send it in with a copy of your green card front and back and two passport-style photos. As long as you have been living at least 90 days in the location that you file, have more than 5 years of Residency status, have more than 30 months out of the 60 months previous to filing the N-400, and you have no trips longer than 180 days outside of the U.S. not multiple trips that add up to 180 days or more in any 12 month period, and as long as you have no arrests and good moral character and pass the naturalization exam, then you should be able to get U.S. Citizenship.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.