Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

An illegal alien has been deported twice and is back again

Customer Question

An illegal alien has been deported twice and is back again for a third time, during which time he fell off a ladder while in my employment and is now suing me. He was not hurt badly and is simply being opportunistic? Do I have any defense?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit for doing my job . So please do not forget to do that before you leave the site today, by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. I believe what you are asking is whether his undocumented and/or willful violator status is a valid defense against his personal injury claim. Unfortunately, the answer is no. Unfortunately, his status is irrelevant to the supposed injury and its causes. The theory is that if an employer is willing to hire an undocumented alien, then he must also be willing to take on the risk associated with the alien's employment, just as he would a worker. Lawmakers do not want to encourage employers to hire undocumented workers, and by allowing one's immigration status to be a factor in a suit for personal injury, an employer can take advantage of a worker. The frustrating thing is, the vast majority of workers are honest, hard-working people. But there is a significant number of unscrupulous workers out there who take advantage of employers who have stuck their necks on the line to give them a job. This sounds like one of those cases, I'm afraid to say. I wish I had better news to share. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi Putnam,
I see you requested an offer to talk by phone. I sent you that offer already. Please review it and decide whether you want to continue the conversation by phone. If you choose not to, please come back and make sure to rate my customer service so I get credit for doing my job. Because just like you, I want to get credit for a job well done. Thank you!