Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I US citizen and I am applying wife who is in the US

Customer Question

I US citizen and I am applying for my wife who is in the US for adjustment of status. What forms do I need to submit to immigration on her behalf and on behalf of her 17-years old son who is currently abroad at Poland?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. For your wife:I-130, I-485, I-765 (optional if she wants to work/drive before green card), I-131 (optional if she wants to travel before green card), i-864, G-325A (one for each of you). Throughout the forms, remember you are the PETITIONER and your spouse is the BENEFICIARY. This will help in filling them out. You can find all forms here http://www.uscis.gov/forms Read the I-864 carefully and make sure your income qualifies. Together with the forms you will also send:-Immigration medical exam for your spouse (find a doctor at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV) -2 passport style photos for you, 8 for your spouse-check or money orders for $1070 and $420 made to DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY-Marriage Certificate-Copy of your US passport biographical page-Copy of your spouse's passport biographical page-Copy of your spouse's I-94-Copy of your spouse's birth certificate with certified translation if needed-Documents proving that your marriage is bona fide such as: Joint lease agreement, joint bank accounts, joint income tax filing, joint credit cards, joint bills, joint car insurance, joint health insurance, drivers license - change address, many pictures from wedding and other events alone and with family. AND - Your last tax returns and W-2Make a copy of your whole packet for yourself. Mail the original to: ***** ***** 805887Chicago, IL###-##-#### ***** your wife's son:You will submit the I-130 from you. -1 passport style photo for you, 1 for the son-check or money order for $420 made to DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY-Marriage Certificate-Copy of your US passport biographical page-Copy of your son's passport biographical page-Copy of son's birth certificate with certified translation if needed-Documents proving that your marriage to his mom is bona fide such as: Joint lease agreement, joint bank accounts, joint income tax filing, joint credit cards, joint bills, joint car insurance, joint health insurance, drivers license - change address, many pictures from wedding and other events alone and with family. Here's the website on where you mail this, it depends on the state you live http://www.uscis.gov/i-130-addresses I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or need help reviewing your forms and documents, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello again, I see that you read my answer but didn't respond. Do you need any clarification?
Please don't forget to leave a rating as this is the only way I receive credit.
Thanks.