Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Effects of DUI on H1b renewal

Customer Question

Effects of DUI on H1b renewal
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. Please answer the following: Is this the only DUI you have on your record? Were you convicted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is my first offense of any kind in United States .I am not convicted yet .In fact I am absolutely under limit and no one on streets , I was speeding and had some alcohol so the officer wrote me a ticket with DUI .I didn't go to jail or anything.My lawyer said since I didn't sound drunk and was under limits and passed all the tests(like the officer asked me to add numbers and some alphabets) he will convert my case to negligent driving 1st degree which may include 1-2 years of probation and my visa renewal might take place in October.I wanted to know what are the ramifications of inactive probation on H1 B renewal ?
Thank you. Kindly remember to rate my customer service before leaving today. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job so this if very important to me. Thank you! ANSWER: This will not affect you renewal at all. If you are asked about previous arrests, charges and/or convictions, you must be honest in your responses. But this will not affect your eligibility for an H1B visa or your current status in any way. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER:You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted,blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so what would be better to convert it to reckless driving or to a negligent one ? And probation doesn't affect the renewal process at all .I was arrested but not taken to jail it was to do the breadth test and then the officer left me home.Also , can I take any trips abroad during this whole process ?
Kindly remember to rate my customer service before leaving this site today. I can't tell you what to convert it to. That is between you and your criminal attorney. I am an immigration lawyer. All I can say is that neither of those would affect your immigration status now or in the future. As far as immigration is concerned you can travel abroad. But you'd have to speak with your criminal lawyer to be advised about travel, as it relates to the terms of your probation or your case. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.Thank you!
Hi again,
I think we are experiencing some technical issues. I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!