Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

After my E2 visa has expired can i travel internationally with

Customer Question

after my E2 visa has expired can i travel internationally with the visa waiver program maxial for 3 month?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. If you leave the U.S. on time and you have a valid ESTA, yes, you can come back into the U.S. using the ESTA and they would give you 90 days. You cannot change status to ESTA in the U.S. If you wanted to change status to visitor, you would have to file an I-539 before you leave employment with your E-2 company and ask for a change of stats from E to B. You will be able to stay while the I-539 is pending. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to clarify >>> my E2 already has expired May 2015, I-94 is still valid until May 2017.
does the VWP work for me to visit my family in germany next month?
to re-enter USA i need ESTA - when do i make this and where?
i can travel internationally only for 3 months with my VWP.
after this period i need to have an E2 renewal or another visa.
Please do not log off again without leaving a positive rating. Since I am not given a salary to be here, it is the only way that the website will compensate me for the time and effort I spend with you.You can apply for the ESTA online. Here is a link:https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/And you can use it to come back into the U.S. and when you enter the U.S., they would give you 90 days to stay. If you want another status after you enter with the ESTA, you would need to leave to apply for that new status outside of the U.S.Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget the positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.