Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I entered as b2 2 months ago, visa expired in 7 months;

Customer Question

i entered as b2 2 months ago, visa expired in 7 months; however the cpb never stample on my passport. i have no idea how long i can stay please help i did not find this info online either for i94
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Your maximum initial stay would be fore 6 months. CBP stopped issuing paper I-94s and if you cannot find your electronic entry online you can submit a FOIA to CBP for your departure date.
http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia
The government will have your arrival date and know you have gone out of status if you file for any immigration benefit. No one totally slips through the cracks any more = after 911.
The date of your visa is not controlling, that just allows you entry. What controls is your entry date and it is in their electronic files even if the online site is not updated yet.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went online but cannot find that record
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
I understand that and I gave you the information to file a Freedom of Information Act request with the Customs and Border Patrol.if you cannot find your electronic entry online you can submit a FOIA to CBP for your departure date. http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia The government will have your arrival date and know you have gone out of status if you file for any immigration benefit. No one totally slips through the cracks any more = after 911. The date of your visa is not controlling, that just allows you entry. What controls is your entry date and it is in their electronic files even if the online site is not updated yet. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Judith