Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

For *****, ***** as I asked u before abt my friend, she was

Customer Question

For *****, ***** as I asked u before abt my friend, she was worried if the unpaid internship will effect getting the OPT extension ? She has received the EVL from her previous employer where she did here unpaid internship ..... What do u think I shld ask
her to add in her application so that she can make it more strong
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Madam, We did not finish the other question. Please do that before we go to this question. Thank you.
Thank you for that. Please do not forget to do that each time you are assisted and given answers to your questions. This is the only way Experts are given credit for the work they do. And since you work, I know you understand this. So please do not forget. Thank you.
Why was this an unpaid internship? Is it always an unpaid position? Was this pre-completion OPT or post-completion OPT? Was this unpaid internship with permission from the USCIS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she got into unpaid internship after post completion OPT to maintain her status.
Yes I read online u can have unpaid internship for the first 12 months of the OPT....but not on STEM extension
So this internship was on STEM extension?