Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I filed wife in march 2015 to join me here in the united

Customer Question

I filed for my wife in march 2015 to join me here in the united states and I'm a permanent resident,but she is 7months pregnant in my country.so expedite the I 130 in june 2015.because no good health care in my country for her to deliver my baby and I'm hiv postive patient. So I wrote uscis a letter and told them the situation and my medical ccondition.will it be of help from the uscis in any way for them to issue her a visa to come in before her due date.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. Unfortunately, I do not have very good news. Because you are a permanent resident, your wife has to wait for an available immigrant visa to come to the US. At this time, the wait for an available visa is approximately 1 year, 8 months from the date the I-130 was filed. If your case was filed in March 2015, there is no way for her to come here to live permanently within 7 months.Here is an explanation for how the priority date and visa availability works: http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/visa-availability-priority-dates I am sorry. I did not want to give you news you did not want to hear, but my job is to be honest with you. I also do not control any outcomes. I am only a messenger of information. So please do not give a bad rating because you wanted a different answer. I cannot control the law. I am only providing information. So giving me a bad rating for an outcome you did not want o expect is not fair to me. I am just doing my job, so please do not blame the messenger, me. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even with my medical condition. So the baby wont be affected.
Yes, even with your medical condition. There is no way to get around visa availability. There is a waiting line because there are so many people trying to immigrate to the US. It is not fair to those who have been waiting in line for someone else to jump the line. There is no exceptions for coming to live in the US before an immigrant visa is available. It simply is not possible. It would have been explained in that link I sent you if there was. I'm very sorry.Again, this is not my rule. This is how the laws are written. I wish I could change that for you, but unfortunately, that is not possible. I am just the messenger. Kindly remember to rate my customer service - not the outcome - with a positive rating. Again, this is how I get credit for doing my job, and I am sure you would agree it would not be fair to not get credit. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean a year and 8months or 8months to a year process.
Did you read the visa bulletin and priority date explanation that I sent you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet.so is it a year and 8months or what
Please do not forget to rate my customer service (not the outcome) before leaving this site today. Otherwise, I do not get any credit for doing my job. I think you would say it is not fair if you did not get credit for doing your job. I would feel the same way. It would not be fair.Your wife is not eligible for a green car through you for at least 1 year, 8 months. So it means she cannot even apply for an immigrant visa to come to the US for at least 1 year, 8 months. Only then can she complete the process for coming to the US and getting a green card. If you read that link I sent you, it will explain why. Simply put, there are only so many green cards available for wives of permanent residents. Because more people apply for those green cards than that are available, it creates a long line. And it takes 1 year, 8 months to get to the front of that long line. So yes, to answer your question, right now, you can expect to wait at least 1 year, 8 months before your wife is eligible to apply for her immigrant visa to come to the US.We can discuss this by phone if you'd like. I think it would be easier for you to understand if we did. Please let me know if you want me to send you an offer.If you do not, then please do not leave this site without giving me a positive rating for my customer service.