Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have a friend who very much wants to invest all he has to

Customer Question

I have a friend who very much wants to invest all he has to coming to the United States for college and living here as well. I wanted to ask an expert on the many ways he could achieve this. He lives in UAE.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
He may enter the US on a student visa but at the time he gets his student visa he cannot have an intent to immigrate. He must tell the consular officer he intends to return to UAE after completing his education.Once he gets here he can change his mind about wanting to remain here as he progresses through his degree program.He first needs to apply to school and be accepted. It can be a community college or a 4 year university.Then the school issues him an I-20 which is a statement of his eligibility to be a student there.He goes online and makes files the DS-160 for his student visa and takes with him his I-20 and his evidence he has sufficient funds to pay his tuition and living expenses without working. He satisfies the officer of his intent to return by showing all his family lives in UAE and his ties are there. He tells the officer the wonderful things he hopes to do in UAE with his education.He gets his visa stamp and comes to the US.That is the way im brief.For a more detailed step-by-step guide please see this link.http://www.ice.gov/sevis/studentsWelcome as a member. You may ask future question threads. at on membership terms which means at the free or reduced price.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
I strive to provide comprehensive answers and good customer service. I feel I have failed to earn your satisfaction. Please let me know what additional information I can provide to be more helpful.
Judith