Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Dear Mr Wilson I am a Canadian who came to MA, USA in 09/2009,

Customer Question

Dear Mr Wilson
I am a Canadian who came to MA, USA in 09/2009, at the age of 28) on an F-1 student visa to complete a MSN at UMass Lowell. At that time I also applied for a Greencard through my American step-mother who lives in MA. In 2011, I graduated with my MSN, passed my licensing exam and started to work as a psych NP under a TN visa. I have been working under TN visas ever since and have been told I will get a Greencard number in the next 2 years approximately. I am worried that my TN status (no dual intent) will cause my Greencard application to be revoked and am wondering if it would be best for me to apply for an H1B visa or a EB1 visa (as I might be eligible for this). Please let me know what I should do...
NB. My father became an American Citizen about a year ago (he applied through my step mother as well).
Thank you so very much for your precious time and assistance.
Sincerely
Esther
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Mr. Persons has not been online for several months, would you like for me to help you? Judith