Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My son name in I-130 LINE 1 KACHALIA YASH R LINE 7 YASH

Customer Question

my son name in I-130 LINE 1 KACHALIA YASH R LINE 7 YASH JIGNESHKUMAR SHAH HIS PASSPORT HAS NAME OF YASH JIGNESHKUMAR SHAH ALL USCI AND IMMIGRATION PAPER COMES WITH YASH R KACHALIA IS IT REQUERED TO CHANGE I-130 LINE I TO 7 AND LINE 7 TO 7 AND AMEND IT
OR SINCE OTHER NAME IS***** WILL WORK AND VISA WILL BE ISSUED IN NAME OF YASH JIGNESH KURAS SHAH
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me.
I will be happy to help you but I will need you to explain in better detail.
Who is petitioning who in the I-130? You are petitioning your son?
Why didn't you put his name on the I-130 as it appears on his passport?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM PETIONING FOR MY SON AND WIFE MY WIFE OK SON FILED 1-130 IN FIRST WEEK OF MARCH 2015 STILL PENDING APPROVAL WITH IMMIGRATION I-130 PUT NAME IN LINE ONE KACHALIA YASH R. LINE 7YASH JIGNESHKUMAR SHAH GOT RECEIPT FROM USCIS ON 2/11/2015 WITH NAME KACHALIA YASH R..HIS PASSPORT IS WITH NAME YASH JIGNESHKUMAR SHAH,THAT CAN NOT CHANGE AM I REQUERED TO CHANGE LINE 1 TO LONE 7 AND LINE 7 TO LINE 1 NOW OR AFTER GETTING APPROVAL CHANGE WITH NATIONAL VISA CENTER OR WILL WORK WITHOUT CHANGIN ANYTHING
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did you put line one as Kachalia Yash R if his passport says Yash Jugneshjumar Shah? What is his legal and correct name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-130 was filed long back before renewal of my son passport.IN INDIA TO CHANGE PASSPORT NAME GOING TO TAKE FAR MORE TME AND COURT PROCEDURE SO SAME NAME AS WAS ORIGINAL WAS THERE WILL BE KEPT AS YASH JIGNESH SHAH MY ONLY QUESTION IS THAT HOW TO CHANGE I-130 NAME LINE 1 TO 7 AND 7 TO 1
You cannot change the I-130 at this point. It is already pending. What you can do is let the consular officer know at the US embassy when he goes for an interview what happened and which is his legal name that you would like on his immigrant visa and green card. That should be fine.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.