Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I'm filing a CoS from F2 to F1, one person. Not sure which

Customer Question

I'm filing a CoS from F2 to F1, one person. Not sure which service center should I mail my application in. Also how long will this take to get the CoS approved? I could use my current California address for filling or a Michigan address, does the address matter for the service center choice and processing speed?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
It is taking 2.5 months for COS. You are in lawful status while you are waiting for the change as long as you file while still in school with an active SEVIS or in your 60 day grace period if you graduated.
All COS with the exception of a few go to this address no matter where you live
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
U.S. Postal Service:
USCIS
P.O. Box 660166
Dallas, TX 75266
USPS Express Mail/Courier:
USCIS
ATTN: I-539
2501 S. State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
I apologies my answer was unsatisfactory. I truly love the immigration law and feel privileged to share my knowledge with customers.
Please let me know where I feel short and I am happy to explain.
Judith