Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

We as a family have all received our US green cards (celebrity

Customer Question

We as a family have all received our US green cards (celebrity status). Pity for my son, he was too old. He lived with us in the US from 2008 till 2013, until his F1 ran out. Now he is back in Germany (he is an Austrian citizen). We have founded a LLC in 2008. Can we employ him and this way get him a visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
Yes, you can file a PERM application for him and an I-140.
There are special rules if you are sponsoring an immediate relative and you will have to recruit the position through the US Department of Labor local State Work Agency and they will attempt to find a US worker and if they cannot then the labor certification will be approved.
The reason they will make you go through this process is because they will presume you are not really opening the job up to US workers if you are petitioning a relative.
The application asks the question if this is an immediate relative who is the proposed employee and you have to be truthful.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith