Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

What grounds can i use an annulment? We rushed into marriage because he told m

Customer Question

What grounds can i use for getting an annulment? We rushed into marriage because he told me he had no papers but urgently needing to resolve his problem. After one year of dating! We had talked about living together and marriage one day but never though it would have to be so fast.. i could have said no (especially after our relationship had begun to fall apart) but at the point in time i did care and love him and thus proceeded to help, however carelessly... Shortly after the wedding date I could tell his hidden agenda. It was useless to try to believe him saying he loved me when as soon as I would turn around he was unfaithful. I did not move in because of that. I recently discovered that he was actually under removal proceedings the whole time since day one we met! He did not tell me that! This ordeal has caused me so much stress, has strained my relationship with my own son, lost money in the interim and my emotional upheaval is ireplaceable. I want out.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
What state do you live in? And do you want to report him for marriage fraud?