Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

CR: ARRAIGNMENT CANCELED what does this mean

Customer Question

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
What had you been charged with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You didn't even answer my question? My questions is what does that mean case resulted programmatically
Yes, I know. But that's why it says "INFO REQUEST" above and not answer. And that's also why the first thing I said was that you are NOT charged per question nor per response nor per answer. So it costs you nothing to respond. So please do not react like that. I am on your side and I will answer your question, but I need more information from you to get an idea of what has happened. If you do not want to say what the charges are, I understand, but I can have this question locked down for privacy for you so that no one can read it when we are done. Is that ok? What was the original charge? In what place did this crime allegedly occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I'm so sorry lol It isn't my charges it's my boyfriend an he got charged with vocc & 5 new other charges an for the 5 new other charges it was poss. Of weed (3oz) poss. Of wax & poss. Of 2gs) of cocaine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He still has the court date for the violation but the other court date for the charges got dropped I'm sorry for coming off rude I haut didn't think that this was real for a second
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay here are the charges without the violation
POSSESSION OF TETRAHYDROCANNABINOLS DRONABINOL
2 1 05/29/2015 POSS OF HASHISH WITH INTENT TO SELL OR DELIVER
3 1 05/29/2015 POSS OF MORE THAN 20 GRAMS OF CANNABIS
4 1 05/29/2015 POSSESSION OF COCAINE
5 1 05/29/2015 POSS OF CANNABIS W INTENT TO SELL OR DELIVER
Believe me, I'm real...I think...!
It is strange that they would cancel the arraignment. So what violation is still pending? And the notice of cancellation, does is state that the charges are dismissed? Does it say "with prejudice"? And what location did this happen (city and state)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haha i believe you!! and yes i thought it was strange. because it all happened on the 5/30/15 and they got him for those charges on top of violation of community control, an at first the scheduled a court date for the 6/25/15 an it says on the bottom of the page that says register of actions this CR: ARRAIGNMENT CANCELED 560
CASE RESULTED PROGRAMMATICALLY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the court date for the violation of communty control still stands for the 7/6/15 im just so confused an he is too, hes in there with no bond what so ever an i just wanna know what that meant bc he had a court date for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh an it was cocoa, Florida
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and no it doesnt not say the charges are dismissed, thats why im so confused. an googling stuff doesnt help, so i thought this would.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe this will help WAIVER OF APPEARANCE 1078
06/03/2015 11 1 NTC OF COURT DATE CANCELLATION 560
A NEW COURT DATE WILL BE SET AND ALL PARTIES NOTIFIED WHEN
THE STATE FILES AN INFORMATION IN THIS CASE.
06/04/2015 12 1 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE 1078
D 1 06/25/2015 1 CAL: ARRAIGNMENT 837
Calendar Posting on 05/30/2015
06/25/2015 2 CR: ARRAIGNMENT CANCELED 560
CASE RESULTED PROGRAMMATICALLY
I'm in Florida as well. Do you know if something went wrong with the bust like perhaps they didn't have probable cause, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i dont not, it states this about probabl cause PROBABLE CAUSE ORDER 837
InCourt Order
PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND @t.
D 1 05/30/2015 4 8 MINUTES: INITIAL APPEARANCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but after it says that it just goes on about how the court date got canceled.
Ok. If you are hoping that the charges got dropped, unfortunately, that is not the case. They simply cancelled the arraignment and will re-schedule the new arraignment when the prosecutor files the information which is the charging document and your boyfriend will have a chance to respond to the charges at the arraignment. He should be aware of the speedy trial rules. If they don't go to trial within a certain time period through no delay of his own, he could motion the court to dismiss the case. Here is a link:
http://floridacriminalprocedure.com/3-191-speedy-trial/
He should hire an attorney or ask for a public defender at the very least because these are serious charges. I don't think they will drop the case unless something was wrong with the bust.
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That does not help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, "To finish". I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay one more questions what do you think hell get? probation again? how much jail time? i just need to know something
You are not limited to questions (don't you love this service?). What other offenses has he been convicted of in the past?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do love it an I love you for answering them!! Haha but he was charged for 4 oz of weed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which it was a thrid degree felony
Well, the possession with intent to sell marijuana is a third degree felony which is a fine up to $5000 and jail sentence of up to 5 years in prison. Possession with intent to sell cocaine is a second degree felony which has a maximum fine of $10,000 and jail sentence of up to 10 years. I doubt they will come even close to the maximums since he only has one prior, but it's serious. Here is a link to a good article that says that sometimes they add harsher charges which the prosecutor is willing to reduce to something lower:
http://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/drug-crimes/possession-of-a-controlled-substance-with-intent-to-sell/
Often the prosecutors don't want to go to trial and would rather get a win quickly and without much cost to the state, so a good defense attorney will play on that to reduce the charges.
Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'm sorry to be so annoying I'm just young an confused, so we have a Lauder already an it's been 2 weeks. But it was only intent to sell weed & hashe. The cocaine was just possession. I hope he doesn't get sentenced 5 years :( do you think they'll re in state house arrest or probation? Or could he has a choice to go to rehabitlation center? Idk i heard some people get out doing 6 months in jail bc of a violation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And don't worry I will rate you all the stars there can be bc your helping me understand so much
No problem. All of those things are possible. They don't want to waste time and money putting him in jail (it is expensive to jail someone), but they do want to teach him a lesson so that he doesn't do it again or worse. Just make sure that the lawyer pressures the prosecutor to cut a better deal and keep him out of jail. There are plenty of alternatives to jail. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you so much!! For everything
No problem. Just please do not forget that happy face or the 3 or more stars. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.