Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My daughter has been dating this boyfriend couple of

Customer Question

My daughter has been dating this boyfriend for a couple of months now. Before they started dating they applied for the 2016 DV lottery as singles. Now the boyfriend is a winner of DV 2016. He wants to include my daughter in his application. My daughter happens to have a child with a different man who is one year old now. How do they go about it? Does the father of the child needs to be involved? They are all in Kenya.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
If your daughter and her boyfriend were not married when they applied and he did not include your daughter's name in the application, it's ok! They can get married now or very soon. The important thing is that they must be married before he submit his immigrant visa application to the US embassy/consulate to begin the process. She and the daughter must be listed on the application.
At the US embassy, proof that your wife has full custody of the daughter will be required.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.