Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

MY FATHER AND MY STEPMOTHER FILE AT 13 I AM 21 AND

Customer Question

MY FATHER AND MY STEPMOTHER FILE FOR ME AT 13 I AM 21 AND COME TO FIND OUT MY GREEN CARD WAS 2 YR CONDITIONAL AND WAS NEVER REMOVE WHAT CAN I DO
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Helli my name is ***** ***** Im the attorney helping you today.
Is there a good reason why you never lookes at your green card before now to see it was expired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my green card was miss laid this is the frist time i am seeing it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok, what you can do at this time is file the I-751 application to remove conditions. Here is the application uscis.gov/I-751.
Together with the application and proof of your father and step mother having a genuine relationship , you should also send a well written letter why you had never sent this application before and why you're sending the application now 3 years after you turned 18. You should try to submit any evidence supporting your claim that you had lost your card for many years and didn't know. For this you can send an affidavit written by your parents or siblings who know that your card was lost.
There is no guarantee that the application would be approved, but you can try.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.