How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3805
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We applied residency in the u.s.a. in 2002 ,

Customer Question

we applied for permanent residency in the u.s.a. in 2002 , we were represented by timothy mason , a immigration lawyer in riverside ca. the total costs to mr mason was $7000 to represent us, We always felt we were not represented well by mr. mason and when we went before a judge in los Angeles we were told we had to return to new zealand , I think they called it stay of deportation , we moved back to n. z. where we live now . I am on vacation from New Zealand at the moment untill the 20th of july 2015 . I find now that Mr Mason had his license taken away from him on the 4/9/2004 , about six months after our court appearance with immigration ,am i entitled to claim anything back for bad representation . we are staying in rialto ,ca. with our grandson at the moment while on vacation . my name is harold thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
HI Harold: my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
When you say claim anything back, what do you have in mind?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.. a phone call would actually be an additional cost. I can send you the offer for it but just wanted to make sure you knew that before I did.
If not you can continue answering me here.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you want me to send you the Additional Service Offer for the phone call.

Related Immigration Law Questions