Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I'm 18 years old and I'm born in NJ, I want to marry a girl

Customer Question

I'm 18 years old and I'm born in NJ, I want to marry a girl in India, but the Indian marriage age is 21, I'm student and non-worker how can I bring her to USA.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.
Please remember that you need to leave a positive rating. You have 22 posted questions and only 11 ratings. This is not a good ratio.
Are you saying that Indian law would not allow you to marry in India at the age of 18?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the Indian law requires age of 21.
Then the solution is the K-1 fiancé visa as you have already surmised. If you do a K-1, then you can marry in the U.S. Since you probably don't make enough money to make sure that she does not become a public charge, you will need a Joint Sponsor for the financial aspect of the case. This Joint Sponsor must also file the same Affidavit of Support that you do and submit the same evidence that you still have to submit. The Joint Sponsor can be any U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that is over the age of 18 that makes the minimum amount. It does not have to be a family member or a household member.
Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.