Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith, my l1b visa extn has been rejected on may 29th

Customer Question

Hi Judith, my l1b visa extn has been rejected on may 29th . But my company is yet to receive the official notice.. Could you please tell me when i need to leave the country without aquiring the unlawful presence.
Please note that my i 94 has already expired.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
You have been out of status since the date your I-94 expired.
However you would not begin to acquire unlawful presence until the date of denial.
Even though you are accruing unlawful presence and USCIS does not toll (stop) that from running, the denial letter will either tell you that you need to depart immediately or some give 30 days.
So you need to begin your preparations for departure while waiting for your hard copy of the denial.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
May I answer anything additional for you to clarify my answer?
Did you find my answer helpful, although, perhaps not news you may have wanted to hear?
Judith