How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Your Own Question
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28204
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out my date of getting US citizenship? I got

Customer Question

How can I find out my date of getting US citizenship? I got US citizenship about 20 years ago and don't remember the date. This is needed for applying for Medicare.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
Have you lost your naturalization certificate?
Were you sworn in at Federal Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having hard time finding the naturalization certificate. Yes, I was sworn in at Immigation office, as I recall.
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
If you were not sworn in at a Federal Court house then you have to file to replace your naturalization certificate.
The fee is $345.00
If I were you I would tear up my home and look in every possible nook and cranny first.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably it was a Federal court.. Can I find out this information online from some website? Isn't it public information?
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
This is not public information and protected by the Privacy Act and only available to the individual.
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
If you were not sworn in at a Federal Court house you will need to file for I-565 and pay a filing fee of $345 for a replacement certificate.
If I were you I would tear up every nook and cranny in the house and you will find it. It is not something you would have thrown out.
The usual places people loose the certificate is in drawers. Sometimes if gets caught between the drawer and the cabinet frame.
Take out every drawer that you keep important papers and put drawer on the floor. Then take the out the contents of ever drawer but first look carefully all in the interior frame of the cabinet including top.
No it is not public information.
If you can tell me the city where the federal court is that you were sworn in then I will happily find the clerk of the court's contact information and contact for you.

Related Immigration Law Questions