How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28675
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having immigrant visa and it was issued 31st july 2014

Customer Question

I am having immigrant visa and it was issued 31st july 2014 and expires on 4th jan 2015 ,and family based also .my husband and daughter has a green card and living in US,and i entered on dec23rd to US and was about to stay along with the family ,but during first week of Jan 2015 i got a call from India that my mother was admitted in hospital as she had an heart attack and i came back on 2nd Jan and took care of her till now in India,and my green card was posted to my residential address in US,now i want to return,i have asked permission from local US embassy in Iowa before coming to India ,how do i return
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
You have two options.
You can enter with your endorsement since you have already been processed as an immigrant in December you should just past through inspection and not be sent to secondary inspection.
Or you can ask for your family to DHL your card to you in India and use that.
I don't recommend having your card sent to you by DHL because if it is lost or stolen it is a nightmare for you replacing it. You have to file police report in India, apply for a new card get fingerprinted, etc.
Your endorsement stamp in your passport is good enough to enter with so I would not go to the risk of sending your actual card abroad.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Was my answer helpful?
May I answer anything additional?

Related Immigration Law Questions