Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm texting from Canada, my friend who is from Greece

Customer Question

Hi , I'm texting from Canada, my friend who is from Greece and is in Greece now waiting to get his visa approved still. He is dr. And has been studying in Boston fir the last 4 years, and is in a residency program, went to Greece to renew his visa and they would not and put it on a temporary suspension. Everytime he contacts them they tell him to stop bothering them. He has his board exams coming up, he has a good chance of losing his residence with the hospital he is working for, and the embassy will not give any info as to what why and when. He is my sisters friend and I'm just stressed for him, is there anything he can do but wait?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
For what reason are they denying his visa renewal? Has he contacted his residency program, since they are the ones who have the ability to move the process along?