Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My friend has an alien status from a country in Europe.

Customer Question

Hi, my friend has an alien status from a country in Europe. She is on a student visa now even though she dropped out of school, and she would like either to change status to a working visa or finalize her Engagment with a wedding thus possibly get a green
card later. Which path would be easier and what about the costs? Also will she be able at a certain point to extend either her work visa or green card benefits to her mom/brother which are also native of European country? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of your question and I will be sure to answer your questions as your personal Expert.
QUESTION: Hi, my friend has an alien status from a country in Europe. She is on a student visa now even though she dropped out of school, and she would like either to change status to a working visa or finalize her Engagement with a wedding thus possibly get a green card later. Which path would be easier and what about the costs?
ANSWER: She is out of status if she is not going to school. Her only option is to marry a US citizen and adjust her status or to leave the US. She cannot change her status to employment status because she is out of status now.
The cost is $1490.
QUESTION: Also will she be able at a certain point to extend either her work visa or green card benefits to her mom/brother which are also native of European country?
ANSWER: She can petition for her mother and brother once she becomes a US citizen. She cannot extend employment benefits to them. Only to children or a spouse.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!