Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Sir I wanted to that I want to make a campus visit at University

Customer Question

Sir
I wanted to that I want to make a campus visit at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in the mean time I have already applied for the admission and waiting for their response so I wanted to till they inform me about the final decision can I visit the campus on B2 visa and if granted admission then can it be converted to F1 visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
Yes. This is possible, but you have to be honest if asked about your intent to visit the school. You should also carry with you evidence of your strong ties to your home and non-immigrant intent. Remember that for the F-1 status, you still need non-immigrant intent, even though they know that you would be studying for years and may later change your mind and try to get an H-1B visa after graduation. What counts for them now is that you have the intent to go back home either after your B-2 visit or after your F-1 program is over. Here is a link to things you can carry with you to prove non-immigrant intent and strong ties to your home:
https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That does not help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, "To finish". I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!