Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My son Alfred Blas has a problem Atty. His priority dats is

Customer Question

My son Alfred Blas has a problem Atty. His priority dats is Oct. 26, 2006 and he has avisa already last Oct. 2014. But now the cut off date for now is move back to Jan. 2005. So the problem is can he still file for the application of the visa using the old priority date. Could you pls.tell us sir what we can do about this. Thank you very much. I await for your reply. My e-mail address is***@******.***. I am the mother of Alfred Blas.I am worried sir and confuse.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
Sounds like the dates retrogressed and there is nothing that can be done about that except wait. What country is he from? What category was a petition filed for him? Who filed it? Did he file an I-485 when his Priority Date became current?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
I would like to help, but I need you to respond, please. What country is he from? What category was a petition filed for him? Who filed it? Did he file an I-485 when his Priority Date became current?
When the dates retrogress, there is nothing that can be done. It is a waiting line of people that applied before him and sometimes they miscalculate the wait time and a retrogression happens. IF he filed an I-485 and I-765 before the retrogression, he can stay in the U.S. and work with the work permit.
If he is outside of the U.S., you can still pay the visa fees and have the NVC file completed, but they will not schedule him for interview until the Priority Dates become current again.
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!