Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Hey, Judith! Based on our last conversation, I have more

Customer Question

Hey, Judith! Based on our last conversation, I have more questions for you. My OPT expires on August 12, 2015. Is it too late to start processing for a green card under EB-3? If I do start the processing now, what will be my status after my OPT expires?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
You can file the I-485 during your grace period and it might be possible for your priority date to come current within the next 4 months.
However, if you don't have your Visa Screen you cannot file the I-140 and establish your priority date. That is your biggest problem.
You probably have your NCLEX or a temp license but you also need the Visa Screen.
So you need to contact CGFNS tomorrow and ask them how fast a US grad can get their Visa Screen certificate.
That is your problem. It will hold up filing your I-140 and getting your priority date and you cannot file your 485 until that is current and that is a 3 month backlog currently.
Judith