Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My wife is an Russian Citizen living in the USA with a valid

Customer Question

My wife is an Russian Citizen living in the USA with a valid green card but an expired russian passport. Can she go to canada with me for a 3 day vacation without a passport
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of your question and I will be sure to answer your questions as your personal Expert.
QUESTION: My wife is an Russian Citizen living in the USA with a valid green card but an expired russian passport. Can she go to canada with me for a 3 day vacation without a passport.
ANSWER: Yes, permanent residents of the US can travel directly to Canada with just a valid permanent resident card. If she travels from elsewhere, she needs a valid passport.
You can find this information here, under the "U.S. Permanent Resident" section: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5023-eng.html#s2x4.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!