Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My i20 is terminated, sevis is transfered to other college.so

Customer Question

Hi ,my i20 is terminated, sevis is transfered to other college.so can I take transfer with terminated i20.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
How long ago was your SEVIS terminated?
Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sevis is transfered. But the college terminated my i20 2days back

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
OK, you have to have the transfer-in school support your request for reinstatement.
You need to talk to the transfer-in school DSO if they will support your reinstatement and give you an I-20 for reinstatement.
Then you have to file for, I-539 with fee; new I-20 recommending reinstatement and your statement why you should be reinstated.
You must register for classes and attend school at the new transfer-in school while the reinstatement is pending.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith