Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My work permit employment authorization card is expiring in

Customer Question

my work permit employment authorization card is expiring in 2 months uscis took my green card because i was removed due to criminal record can i renew my work permit ? thanks how? how long does it take to receive new permit if i can renew it
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
category cared C18
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me. Please kindly remember to rate my customer service before logging out today. Otherwise, I don't get any credit for doing my job. I am sure you agree that is not the ideal outcome. So please do not forget to rate my positively for my excellent customer service (and not the outcome or result of your question, which I cannot control).
As to your question, so long as you have not violated your order of supervision and removal, you will be able to file a request for renewal.
If you re still in the US under the supervision of ICE and they know you are here, then you can apply for renewal. In other words, if they have not forced you to leave yet, or told you to leave and you decided to stay in the US against their instructions, you can still apply for renewal.
Your attorney needs to file form I-765, provide a copy of the order of supervision, proof of dependent family, proof of economic necessity, filing fee, a copy of Form I-94 (if available), copy of current EAD card, 2 passport photos taken within 30 days of filing your application.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i just found out that the person was removed in 1993 in boston
then faile to submit to supervision and moved to texas
now lived in thexas without documentscan this person now apply for work permit or request change of place for supervision
this person also been convicted a couple of times for drugs in texas
If he was ordered removed and failed to comply with orders of supervision and has since gone missing from the USCIS, I would not apply for renewal.
He is probably not eligible any longer because he failed to fulfill his obligations under supervision. And they are probably looking for him. If he attempts to apply now, there is a good chance he will be picked up and forcibly removed.
Thank you!