Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I and my kids are on B2 visa,trying to change to an f1 visa.

Customer Question

I and my kids are on B2 visa,trying to change to an f1 visa. however I have only a 35 days validity on my I-198 card. I'm I eligible?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
Yes, you are eligible to apply. The 30 day issue is that you must be able to maintain your B2 status until atleast 30 days before your classes start date/I-20 date. In other words classes must start LESS than 30 days past your B2 allowance given on your I-94. Your school start date is 6/13 and your I-94 is valid until 6/26/2015 so you are ok.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.