How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11676
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife who is on a conditional green card. we were married

Customer Question

my wife who is on a conditional green card. we were married in the usa in Feb. 2014 and got her conditional green card. in aug 14
she has left the usa and plans on not coming
back and i do not expect that our marriage will survive this separation on her part. Is there anything i can do to stop the further processing of the visa (the conditional green card) She has been out of the country for 8 months now
in the last 12 months
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James, and I will be helping you today. All I ask is that you give me a positive rating before you leave today, so I get credit for doing my job.
I'm sorry to hear about this problem. I'm sure it's disappointing. If she already has the green card, you can't cancel it. You just have to let it run its course. By that I mean, if she doesn't come back within 1 year of leaving the U.S., the green card will automatically be canceled by operation if law. If she does come back before a year, you can't cancel it either, but you do not have to help her remove her conditions. And if you get divorced, she would have to figure out how to remove conditions on her own, without you.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
We are using a new interface here, and it appears there might be some issues on my end.
I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for your reply
i just wanted to double check what others have told me
your information is good
accurate thanks
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming that. Since we are done here, please make sure to rate my customer service to you. I do not get a salary here. So you are the only person who can give me credit for doing my job. So please make sure to rate my customer service before leaving this site again. You can do that by going back to the Answer I provided you above, and clicking on 3 or more stars. If you cannot find that, please let me know, as I really want to get credit for doing my job.

Related Immigration Law Questions