Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Dear Guillermo I have a question about an arrest record for

Customer Question

Dear Guillermo I have a question about an arrest record for 1751 divorce waiver . There has been an arrest but no conviction or anything it was discharged by city attorney. the incident happened with a friend but it states cohab abuse and it was not my
husband . is that going to be a problem ? will they need to clarify who the person was , and will questions rise about this . or the uscis just care if there was any charges or conviction ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again and thank you for requesting me by name. If it was a dismissal, then as long as the essential elements of a crime were not admitted to, then it should be no problem. However, that incident must always be disclosed to the government (even if it is sealed or expunged) and they will want to see a certified copy of the police report and court disposition. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget the positive rating. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!