Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

How do I get a British passport mine was destroyed 35 yrs

Customer Question

How do I get a British passport mine was destroyed 35 yrs ago?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
You can begin the application for replacement of your British passport online. You will have to print out the application and send it with your supporting documents by mail. It will take about 10 weeks for you to receive it after the your application is received by her Majesty's Passport Office in the UK. If they need to confirm your identity with an interview, they would call you about it and then the passport would take longer. The cost is £92.70 with the shipping fees.
Supporting documents you have to send:
Application
2 passport style photos
Damaged passport if you have it (if not it's ok)
A copy of your entire passport of any other country that you have
If you name has changed you have to provide proof (Look at Table C https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342794/Supportingdocs1AUG2014.PDF)
Here is the application and instructions https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/
If your passport was lost or stolen, you will also have to print and fill out this form and send it with your whole package. If not you don't have to send this.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/report-a-lost-or-stolen-passport-form-ls01
Here are some additional instructions about the above applications if you have specific questions I did not answer--- but the applications has instructions , STEP BY STEP as well https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/254490/OS_OL_Guidance_10.13.pdf
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not help me at all.
I'm so sorry to hear that this doesn't help you.. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.
Please keep in mind I can only answer you based on the information you give me.
Please tell me how this does not help you so I can perhaps give you information that does help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I already knew what you told me but I was looking for additional help. And a lawyer here to help me through it , so no u gave me no info that I don't know but thank you. I do not wish to keep you service I feel I wasted my money.
I understand your frustration. I hope you can understand that I do not know what you already know. You didn't indicate that you had any information already in your first question.
Now that I know we can go from there if you're willing to give me a chance to help.
I would just need you to tell me what you know and then I can definitely help you from there.
What is your specific question and the additional help that you need?