Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My friend won the visa lottery. Now he has to provide the proof

Customer Question

My friend won the visa lottery. Now he has to provide the proof of education among other things. The requirement is to have a high school education which is a successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12 years of course in the US.
In Hungary there are three types of high school education. A four years one which allows to take the GED , another four years one which is a combined with a vocational school and a three years one- which my friend completed- focuses on different type of occupations. Is he going to be disqualified not having a four years high school?
He also has another two years in evening school as an effort to get his GED although he has not completed at this point.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
aHello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
I believe your friend will meet the qualifications.
He needs to get in touch with one of there credential evalualtors at
www.naces.org and have them review all his transcripts, diplomas, and any employment verification letters he has to ascertain that he meets the necessary requirements.
These NACCES members are recognized by USCIS and DOS.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith