Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My son in law I sponsored him, now he got email that uscis

Customer Question

my son in law I sponsored him, now he got email that uscis has sent green card but we have not received yet in mail what we can do now?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, he is currently in INDIA, correct?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, he is here in the united states as well as is married to my daughter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
via court marriage in our state
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
USCIS advises that you wait 30 days before assuming the card has been lost in the mail.
Once it is confirmed that it is lost, it is very easy to get another one. He would simply have to file an I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. See here. USCIS would then send another to him.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a question regarding he just married and they were saying for two years green card will arrive at home, but it may be lost in mail so which form I 90 after 30 days notice means april 27 or april 28 received e mail that they have mail to my home so we have to file after 30 days it means may 30 only I 90 forms with any fees involved or not? and how long it will take
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can he able to change address?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
1) One waits 30 days after the card SHOULD have arrived, so that would be approximately 30 days after they notified that it was being sent out.
2) f you are filing Form I-90 because you never received your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), you do not have to pay a filing fee as long as you meet these criteria:
-We mailed the card over 30 days ago;
-It was returned to us as undeliverable; and
-You have not moved from the address you provided us.
Otherwise, it is a $450 fee, although a fee request waiver is available.
3) The waiting time for the I-90 can be up to three months.
4) Yes, he can change the address for the I-90 request.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my daughter she became pharmacist after three years fail and now I paid her tution fees and now she married to indian guy who does not have money power now my question if she earned he thinks its all they both money, how can I get my money from my daughter she is willing to pay but her husband is not so can I take promissory notes or is any other way out I have taken my home equity loan to make her study give me any suggestion I am in debt
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Customers are politely asked to keep the conversation about the original thread topic. This follow up topic is different from that of the original thread. It may be best you ask a NEW thread simply about this topic.
I can also opt out and open this up for others.