Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My name is ***** ***** tryin to find out is there any way i can help my boyfriend not get

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** tryin to find out is there any way i can help my boyfriend not get deported for drug charges
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
Drug charges are almost always deportable offenses if one is convicted. What was the type of drug? The amount? Has he been convicted? Also, how did he enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country is he from? How long ago did he enter the U.S.? How old was he when he entered the U.S.? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
Let’s assume that your boyfriend is ONLY being deported because of a drug offense that is NOT trafficking and that the drug offense is NOT less than 30 grams of marijuana. I will assume that it is not trafficking, that it is either more than 30 grams of marijuana or that it was any amount of any other drug. I will also assume that he is not illegal in the U.S. and that he has been convicted of this drug offense If any of these assumptions are not correct, please let me know because it will change my answer. That’s why it is important for you to respond, but you refuse to, so I have to make the assumptions for you. I honestly don’t know why people come here for help them don’t respond as if it was going to cost them more. It doesn’t.
He basically has to do something with that conviction so that they do not deport him. He primarily has the following options:
1) Get a full and unconditional governor's or U.S. Presidential pardon.
2) Hire a VERY good criminal attorney to look into the possibility of reopening his criminal case because something was done incorrectly at the criminal level. If the case can be reopened, then the conviction needs to be vacated (set aside) and then he would need an agreement from the prosecutor not to prosecute him again (which they can do). You can try looking for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com.
3) Convince the majority of the U.S. Congress to change the law or to make a law of special application only for him called a Private Bill.
These options essentially would eliminate the conviction so that Immigration cannot use it against him to deport him. Unfortunately, sealing or expunging the conviction does not work.
4) IF he became a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident while inside the U.S. AND he has a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or son or daughter that would suffer EXTREME HARDSHIP if he is deported, then he MIGHT stand a chance to not be deported.
I am truly sorry, but he has a tough battle ahead of him.
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.