Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am an American citizen living and working in Namibia last 3

Customer Question

I am an American citizen living and working in Namibia for the last 3 years. I am engaged to be married to a Namibian citizen since last September. My work visa expires in December of this year. If we get married before my visa expires what effect will it have on renewing my work visa? Does it matter if we marry in the U.S. or in Namibia?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Unfortunately, this is a U.S. immigration law forum. We do not have any experts on the laws of Namibia to my knowledge. Would you like a refund or could I answer something in regards ***** ***** bringing her to the U.S.?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand Yes would you please refund money and thank you for your prompt reply.
No problem. Good luck!