Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

If some one has been reman in us time and he had

Customer Question

if some one has been reman in us for long time and he had the deportaion behind him not deported by us immigration and he left the usa of his own ,is he illegible to enter us legally on a new name after 15 years while during his stay in us he had no criminal record.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James, and I will be helping you today. All I ask is that you give me a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job.
Also, when you have new questions in the future, make sure to put “FOR JAMES" in your question and the subject line. That way I become your personal Expert.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary, so the only thing I ask is that you rate my customer service when we are finished. This is the only way I am compensated for my efforts to help you today. So please do not forget to do that. Also keep in mind that you are not rating the outcome of your question or the state of the law. I have no control over that so my rating should not be based on those things.
What was he deported for? Illegal entry? You said the deportation is behind him, but he was not deported. Then what happened? Voluntary departure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He applied political asylem while it was refused . He used to get work permit each year when applied.he left the country after the 911 but did not decleare his departure.in this case for how long the us immigration keep the figer print record.
The immigration record, including finger prints, is permanent. Did he enter the US with fake papers or a fake name? What do you mean by a "new name?" What happened that caused you to bring up a new name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in case if hewant to come to us again what should he do he should clear him self first or not clear him self because they will have not that file till now.? your question did he enter the us fake paperor a fake name? yes with fake name.what should he do if he want to come to us on investment base?How the old record should be removed?
They have more information than you think so he needs to be honest. If they catch him lying, it will be a big problem for him.
Did he claim to be a U.S. Citizen when he used fake documents? When did he do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he did not claim to be a us citizen although he tried to get a legal status he was new he did not know and he miss guided he was told if the case was approved later change name legalley if not then do another case with own name.this misunderstanding happened in 1992.now he is the citizen of another country with changed name.he want to clear him self because he is a business man he want to invest if all this is safe for him.
Well, I do not have very good news. If I tell you the truth and it is not what you want to hear, will you still be willing to consider a positive rating?