Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

This is Suneel , question regarding greencard holder wife visa! I am in my green car

Customer Question

Hi , this is Suneel , question regarding greencard holder wife visa!
I am in my green card applied for citizenship . My wife in Dubai ( working as doctor in Dubai) , what visa i need to apply for her ? Can i apply for Visitors visa? please advise .. thanks Suneel
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , this is Suneel , question regarding greencard holder wife visa! I am in my green card applied for citizenship . My wife in Dubai ( working as doctor in Dubai) , what visa i need to apply for her ? Can i apply for Visitors visa? My wife pregnant now , Reg. my citizenship will take another 4-6 months . so planning to stay together in USA in the process of delivery.please advise .. thanks Suneel
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
She can apply for a visitor visa, but it will be very difficult for her to get one. Why? Because you are a permanent resident and you are int he process of naturalization. That makes the immigration people very nervous that she is going to use the visitor visa for the wrong reasons. The visitor visa is just for visiting, not for getting her here to have a baby and remain in the US to get a green card. The right way to do that is to start the marriage based immigrant visa process.You can start it for her now, while she is in Dubai. Then once you become a US citizen, she is eligible to come to the US as soon as she can process her immigrant visa. She is welcome to try to apply for a visitor visa and take her chances. But I believe it will not be approved, because of the situation of you living in the US. Here is information about the process for bringing your wife as an immigrant: http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-green-card-holders-permanent-residents I know these issues can be confusing. If you have more questions about this, click REPLY and continue asking them. And if you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for ur quick response .
Applied citizenship (Myself-waiting for fingerprint) . My wife working in dubai -better job - she still in contract . she has no plans to apply green card now. my question is -- If USCIS rejects my wifes visitors visa , my baby going to born in dubai , that case my new born gets GC? (if my n-400 still pending?). what if n-400 completed before my baby born in outside usa? baby gets citizenship or GC? Thank You
The child does not automatically get a green card. You would have to petition for the green card for the child, just like your wife. As soon as the baby comes to live in the US as a permanent resident, he will derive US citizenship and can get a US passport immediately.If the baby is born after you become a US citizen, it does not really help in this case because in order to pass on citizenship to the baby at birth, you have to be a US citizen for at least 5 years, 2 of which are after you turned the age of 14. So the best option is to get citizenship. Then petition for the child's green card and bring the baby to the US. If the baby is in your legal and physical custody in the US as a permanent resident, the baby then derives US citizenship and can get a passport. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi again,
We are using a new interface here. I received a notice that you responded, but I do not see your response above.
Please post your response again, so I can continue to help you
Thank you!