Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My sister who was born and lives in Venezuela wants to attend

My sister who was born and lives in Venezuela wants to attend a personal growth event in Florida next February 2014. She is of very modest means and I, his brother who lives in the US, would pay for all her expenses to attend this 5 day event. My sister is again of very modest means, and single, 46 years old which makes it hard for her to get a visa since u.s. authorities look with a magnifying glass family,economic ties to Venezuela to prevent a permanent immigration.. So, to increase her chances of getting a VISA to enter the U.S. , I have asked the event organizers to extend a letter of inviation to my sister to attend this event. The organizers need a model of what the letter needs to say for it to be acceptable to the U.S. embassy in Venezuela. Where can I get a model of this invitation letter?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I can give you a brief idea of what it should contain as there really is no model letter since each situation is often very different, but you do understand that the letter of invitation is only slightly helpful? Let's say, just as an example, that it would increase her chances of approval by 5%, or maybe 15% at best. So you understand that the letter of invitation isn't that helpful, correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I do. But at lest she will be able to show a purcahsed ticket for the event and that letter of invitation from a major internationally known personal growth organization. Better than nothing....

You are correct. It is better than nothing. But I am going to give you some information that I think may help on the other parts that would give her a better chance of approval. First, however, the letter of invitation should be on event organization letterhead, should specify the dates of the event and location, should clearly state what the event is for, why they want to invite her, and how perhaps she will be an integral part of the event.

Along with the letter, the organization should include anything they can as far as literature, advertisements for the event, perhaps a copy of the lease agreement for the venue, etc., just to legitimize the event and organization.

Now, as to the additional information that I was going to give you, I think it is important for you to click on the link below and read the article that it takes you to very carefully. I think it can help you structure a good case.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you Guillermo, but I do not see the link that you refer to, the one that could help me to structure the case. Can you send it please? Thank you

My apologies. I accidentally left it out. Here it is:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.

Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.