How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28680
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is the best and easiest way to get a green card for korean

This answer was rated:

what is the best and easiest way to get a green card for korean ciizen
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.Do they have a US citizen fiancé?Judith
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Do they have a million dollars?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Then there is only the slow and sure way that most foreign students take. For the fastest route they complete a Master Degree.

Following completion of their course of study they do their one year of OPT, and if eligible get a 17 month STEM extension.

During this time they get their employer to file for their H1B petition.

Once they have the H1B approved and have shown their employer their value they are sponsored by the employer for their green card.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can a student visa be changed to a work visa if they open some type of business.Is there any limitations on what type of business that they start

South Koreans can obtain an E2 investor visa but that is not a route to a green card. They can only work the business as long as they are needed to manage it. If they sell it or want to retire in 20 years, they cannot stay.

You asked on the way to get a green card and that is not the way unless they invest $1 Million.



Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the sister owns the business and the sister that is here on a student visa is made a partner in that business does the same rule apply,able to be here as long as they own that business.

Yes, the same rules apply and the student sister has to show how she got the funds to invest in the business and owns at least 50%.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information you have been very helpful.God Bless.

I hope you are able to find a way to your dreams.

Please let me know if my answer was helpful or if you have any follow-up questions. Experts only
receive credit for our time if you rate our answers. I am eager to provide you satisfaction, although I may not be able to tell you what you want to hear. The law is not something I can change and may mean I have to deliver bad news.


Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions