Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

what is the best and easiest way to get a green card for korean

what is the best and easiest way to get a green card for korean ciizen
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.Do they have a US citizen fiancé?Judith
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No

Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

Do they have a million dollars?

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no

Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

Then there is only the slow and sure way that most foreign students take. For the fastest route they complete a Master Degree.

Following completion of their course of study they do their one year of OPT, and if eligible get a 17 month STEM extension.

During this time they get their employer to file for their H1B petition.

Once they have the H1B approved and have shown their employer their value they are sponsored by the employer for their green card.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Can a student visa be changed to a work visa if they open some type of business.Is there any limitations on what type of business that they start

Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

South Koreans can obtain an E2 investor visa but that is not a route to a green card. They can only work the business as long as they are needed to manage it. If they sell it or want to retire in 20 years, they cannot stay.

You asked on the way to get a green card and that is not the way unless they invest $1 Million.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

If the sister owns the business and the sister that is here on a student visa is made a partner in that business does the same rule apply,able to be here as long as they own that business.

Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

Yes, the same rules apply and the student sister has to show how she got the funds to invest in the business and owns at least 50%.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the information you have been very helpful.God Bless.

Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

I hope you are able to find a way to your dreams.

Please let me know if my answer was helpful or if you have any follow-up questions. Experts only
receive credit for our time if you rate our answers. I am eager to provide you satisfaction, although I may not be able to tell you what you want to hear. The law is not something I can change and may mean I have to deliver bad news.

Judith

Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.