Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

why would someone need a 94 if they have an approved visa

why would someone need a 94 if they have an approved visa already
i'm confused

isn't the visa already allow hodler to enter usa and give holder expiration date
Hello, again. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.You are confusing the job of each.The visa stamp allows someone to enter the US. The visa stamp can expire while they are here and it does not affect them. They can enter the US on the visa stamp up to the day it expires.The I-94 (which in many cases now is electronic) controls how long they can stay in the US once they enter on the visa stamp.As long as the I-94 is unexpired they are in status, even if the visa stamp expired.I see you have several open questions. Judith