Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Can an ilegal alien travel by air from LA to Miami and to New

Can an ilegal alien travel by air from LA to Miami and to New York with out being stopped by ICE? The person in question does have a valid passport from his country. Thank you kindly.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

A person out of status is always at risk no matter what they do, so there is no way to guarantee that he would not be stopped by ICE. However, air travel is the safest way for an undocumented person to travel. TSA is not ICE. TSA just checks ID, not legal status. The U.S. government also does not want to disrupt air passengers needlessly with spot checks and things like that. So the chances of an encounter with ICE in a domestic flight are very low. I personally have never heard of that happening.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply! I understand the that a person with illegal status its always at risk. So in sum, he will be able to board a plane with just a passport from his country correct?
Yes, that is correct. They only check ID, not legal status. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.