Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

One simple ? , we got married october 29th and she has no SS#

One simple ? , we got married october 29th and she has no SS# XXXXX when i fill out out AOS Package do i use my last name or her maiden name when asked. The example would be on page 1 of I-485. I know to put in her THAI last name for ALL VISA related name questions.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

She will get the SSN later. So leave that blank in all the forms. As far as her name, she can use either her maiden name or her married name as the primary as what will be shown on her green card. It is up to both of you. USCIS does not give any weight to the name that she uses, meaning that they don't think the marriage may be fake if she uses her maiden name nor will they think that it may be real if she uses her married name. But whatever you choose, you must be consistant with all the forms. So for example, if you use her married name, all the forms need to be filled out with her married name even if different from her passport and visa. That's fine. You would just put her passport of visa name any any question that is asks for other names used or something like that. This is so when they run the background check, they can look under any previous names that she may have used.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!