Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

If I am unsuccessful in applying for the diversity visa will

If I am unsuccessful in applying for the diversity visa will this affect me travelling to the US in the future in regards XXXXX XXXXX?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Fortunately, no. It is well established that entry into the DV lottery does not constitute immigrant intent and as such does not have an affect on any non-immigrant visa status. Therefore you should have no issues traveling to the U.S. in the future.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!